Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yesterday I took the test that will qualify me (or not) to become an IBCLC - Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant. I was humbled by the amount of information we are expected to know, and proud of myself for knowing so much more than I did five years ago when I started this journey. Some of the questions were so basic that no one should be able to pass if they didn't get them right. Others were so difficult I think no IBCLC could possibly have so much memorized! There were 75 multiple choice and 100 multiple choice with accompanying pictures. I think I got about 70% of the answers correct. Unfortunately, I won't find out until the end of October. Look for that post on the 29th! It will either be full of elation or tears... Between now and then, though, I hope there is more elation than tears.

Julio, Dad and the kids are on their way to Monterrey, Mexico, today. They left Puebla this morning, so I am happy to hear that they are getting closer and closer to home. I can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment